Heat Vulcanization Bonding Agent BA-213
(equivalent to Chemlok 205& CILBOND 12E)
BA-213 is a heat vulcanization bonding agent for rubber and various
- It is one coat bonding agent for nitrile rubber (NR).
- It is also used as primer bonding agent for various metals,
plastics and rubbers.
- It gives excellent adhesion to various metals like steel, stainless
steel, aluminum, iron, brass, aluminum alloy etc.
- It is applicable for galvanized products.
- It is non-toxic, easily operated.
- It can be applied with different ways like dip coating, spraying,
brushing, and roller coating.
- It has excellent resistance to heating, water, solvent, oil, salt,
- It has high bonding strength, stability and long durability.
3. Physical Properties
- Component: High polymer, organic compound, inorganic filler and
- Color: Gray
- Viscosity: (25℃, Brookfield LV2 30rpm) 70-150cps
- Solid Content: 23-26%
- Flash Point: 22-24℃
- Diluents: METHYL ETHYL KETONE(MEK), Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK)
- Solvent: METHYL ETHYL KETONE(MEK), Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK)
- Shelf life: 12months in unopened containers
4. Applying BA-213
- Surface Preparation: All bonding surface must be contaminant (such
as oil, rust, oxide etc) free to reach optimum bonding effects.
Surfaces should be grit-blasted, and then ideally degreased.
Applying BA-213 after surface pretreatment to avoid surface
oxidizing material generates.
- Mixing: Homogeneous mix must be ensured before applying bonding
- Dilution: Proper quantity dilutes can also be added according to
dosage. The diluted bonding agent cannot be stored for long time.
- Brushing: Unnecessary for dilution
- Roller coating: Unnecessary for dilution
- Dipping coating: 100 portion of BA-213 with 20 portion diluents
like MEK or MIBK
- Spraying: 100 portion of BA-213 with 10-30 portion diluents like
MEK or MIBK
- Coating thickness: The coating should be uniform. Drying coating
thickness is 7-15 microns.
- Drying: After applying BA-213, it should be left for 30-60minutes
to dry at room temperature. Pre-warming or heating will speed up
- Storage: It should be stored in dry environment at room
temperature. Avoid long time exposure in high humidity and
- After treatment: Before heating vulcanization, use cloth strip
soaked with xylene or MIBK to clean the excessive adhesive. Once
cured, dilutes cannot clean the bonding agent.
- Vulcanization: For optimum adhesion effects, rubber and adhesive
should be vulcanized at the same time. When the coated parts are
placed in the mould, fill rubber inside and then close the mould to
start vulcanization immediately. Recommended vulcanization
temperature is 135-185℃. Recommended vulcanization time is
5-60minutes. Vulcanization pressure is according to practical
- Close the diluents container tightly after use.
- The diluents vapor is hazardous. Prevent long time inhalation or
skin contact in working place.